A few months ago we decided to produce a series of papers in story telling format to better communicate the value of our Kyield system for decision makers in large organizations, rather than the normal highly technical use cases written and consumed primarily within the scientific community: ‘Semantic Scenarios for the Intelligent Enterprise’.
I just posted a new use case in the series: Maya in the global parcel delivery business.
While these cases are hypothetical in nature, they are based on countless conversations to include formal audits in my consulting firm that pre-date the commercialization of the Internet, and even productivity software, but involve highly sophisticated state-of-the-art technology– we are finally resolving these complex issues even if the world has yet to deploy them. In this case I have attempted to demonstrate several very important issues impacting all of us, using the stage of a fast growing emerging market and mobile workforce to illustrate the challenges and potential. A few of the issues I attempt to demonstrate include:
- The structural problems with intellectual property today, particularly in a wired world lacking security.
- Importance of innovation in the workplace, or more often lack thereof, and why.
- How to align interests between the individual, organization, and investors; critical as we’ve seen in the past 2 years.
- The consequences of not providing meritocracy and transparency in a hyper-competitive global economy.
- The benefits of attracting gifted team members in almost any industry, regardless of formal education.
- A lesson in how not being too greedy can indeed be the most profitable strategy, even in the mid-term.
I hope you enjoy the format and content. Feel free to email me with your thoughts in private: email@example.com
Happy holidays to you and your family– MM